Ok, so lately I see everyone and their mama talking about bone broth, and drinking it from a mug like its TEA. So have a seat, and lets PLEASE just talk about this easy gut healer for a minute.
What is it?
Bone broth is different than normal chicken broth or stock, simply because it’s made from bones! (Surprise.) It holds all of the minerals/nutrients that have been extracted from the bones through a long boiling process, making it the best source of naturally occurring collagen/gelatin that money can buy. It also provides all of the essential amino acids your body needs to do its work!
What does it do?
Short version: everything
Long version: everything
Will it improve my gut health?
– Bone broth helps overcome food sensitivities, including the common allergens gluten, dairy, and soy
– It promotes probiotic balance and growth
– Boosts metabolism and nutrient absorption
– Helps heal IBS, Crohn’s, leaky gut, acid reflux, and ulcerative colitis
– Reduces digestive inflammation
– Helps rebuild damaged tissue in the colon/GI tract, which is why it helps heal gut problems such as IBS
– Boosts detox by promoting liver’s ability to remove toxins, including heavy metals like mercury and lead
How will it help my skin?
– Bone broth reduces cellulite! Thank! You! Mother! Nature!
– Keeps joints and bones long and strong (Can joints be long? Ok)
– Strengthens nails, and makes hair grow thicker/quicker
– Decreases puffiness, wrinkles, and other signs of aging, giving skin a firm tone so we don’t get saggy af
Okay fine, tell me more?
– Boosts immunity
– Has amino acids that build/repair muscle tissue
– Improves sleep! Glycine is an anti-inflammatory amino acid that works on your brain/spinal cord to improve sleep quality/ward off fatigue throughout the day, which is GREAT bc i’m a tired human and you’re lying if you say that you aren’t too.
How to consume it?
I warm up my bone broth in a saucepan, and drink it from a mug like the joyfully basic human I am. But at the end of the day, it’s still a broth! You can cook with it, make soup (duh), or use it to flavor your meals. Make quinoa with it instead of water, giving it a nice savory flavor + all of the added benefits. Hell, you can shower in it for all I care. I doubt it would hurt.