First off, my goal for this recipe was to create a sort of paleo carrot cake, but with zucchini! Two of our friends have a huge garden in their backyard, and this summer they grew zucchinis larger than my forearm. Luckily, I inherited a lot of them, but after about eight loaves of my chocolate chip zucchini bread (recipe here), I ended up having to get creative with the zucchini recipes. Thus, paleo zucchini cake bars! It’s got that warm fall spice, and I used some date nectar that was graciously sent to me by D’vash Organics to really sweeten it up (plus, look at that COLOR!!
2 cups grated zucchini, packed and drained
1 1/3 cup almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup flaxseed meal
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
4 eggs (alt: flax eggs)
3 Tbsp date nectar (alt: pure maple syrup)
1 Tbsp avocado oil (alt: olive oil)
2 tsp nutmeg
3 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp ACV
1/2 cup Forager Plain Cashewgurt (alt: greek yogurt)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F
2. Add dry ingredients to a bowl and mix thoroughly
3. Add wet ingredients to a bowl and mix thoroughly
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and, you guessed it, mix thoroughly!
5. Prep an 8×8 baking pan by either greasing or lining with parchment paper
6. Pour batter into pan, and bake for 25-30 minutes
7. Let cool before cutting, and enjoy!