Let me just get right to the point here – boxed gluten free mac + cheese usually blows. I’ve found one or two that I enjoy, but the rest don’t even come CLOSE to that trusty blue box of Kraft Mac + Cheese. Finally, I’ve created my best paleo mac + cheese recipe yet. It’s creamy, “cheesy”, and free of soy, dairy, and gluten. I’m hype. Are you hype? I’m hype.
Now first, let me make the giant flashing disclaimer that all ingredients in this recipe are TRUE paleo. I’ve included alternatives in the ingredients below, but they are all still true 100% paleo! For example, most of you will probably use Banza pasta in this, which isn’t paleo but it still works, so you get the point. Alright Anna, enough talking. Let’s get into it.
1 box Barilla red lentil pasta
1 1/2 cup Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds (alt: any dairy-free cheddar)
1/2 cup bone broth (alt: vegetable broth)
2 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Paleo Mayonnaise (alt: dairy-free butter, but mayo gives it the creamy cheese-like texture)
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Begin by boiling pasta per box directions
2. In a separate saucepan, heat the bone broth, mayonnaise, paprika, and salt together
3. When pasta is done cooking, drain water and set aside
4. Add cheddar shreds to the saucepan and stir to let melt + mix
5. Once “cheddar” sauce is ready, add pasta
6. Mix thoroughly, and enjoy!