These are so good I bowed down to myself for this recipe. Not kidding.
For the key lime cream:
1/3 cup coconut milk
1 1/2 avocado
1 ripe banana
Juice of 3 limes
Zest of 3 limes
For the “crust”:
13 pitted dates
1/4 cup raw cashews
1/4 cup raw almonds
1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
1. Add key lime cream ingredients to food processor, and blend well
2. Spoon the mixture into silicone ice cube trays (I used a flower shaped one from Ikea, but any shape works, you’re going to roll them towards the end anyways) and freeze!
3. Add the crust ingredients to a food processor, and blend until all components are well broken down/blended together and sticky
4. Roll the mixture on parchment paper, put another layer of parchment paper on top, and flatten with a rolling pin (or, if you’re me, a wine bottle)
5. Use a circular cookie cutter (or, if you’re still me, the rim of a glass) to cut out circles of the coconut/date mixture
6. Pop the frozen key lime cream out of the silicone trays, and put it in the middle of a circle
7. Fold the coconut/date circle around the key lime cream center, and pinch to seal the ends together
8. Pop that back into the freezer, and enjoy!
*Can serve frozen, or from the fridge!