I adapted this recipe from Alison Wu‘s version into a paleo-friendly energy ball! I’m in love with them and I’ve eaten six for breakfast while writing this. Sorry mom.
1 ¼ cups gluten-free rolled oats
1 ½ cups raw walnuts
2/3 cup dried apricots
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ cup melted Fourth and Heart Madagascar Vanilla Bean Ghee
¼ cup melted coconut oil
¼ teaspoon sea salt
Juice from 2 lemons
Zest from 2 tsp lemon zest
1/4 cup chia seeds
Glaze: (optional, but highly recommend for the sake of the experience)
2 Tablespoons melted Fourth and Heart Madagascar Vanilla Bean Ghee
2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon lemon zest + more for garnish
1. Add energy ball ingredients (except chia seeds) to a food processor
2. Process until all components are broken down, and batter is sticky
3. Add the chia seeds + fold in with a spatula
4. Roll batter into balls, pop in the freezer and let them firm up
5. Mix + melt all of the glaze ingredients together
6. Dunk the balls into the glaze and roll until fully coated!
7. Let them dry on parchment paper, top with lemon zest, and keep them in the fridge/freezer! (If they become warm, the glaze melts!) Enjoy!