Infused olive oils are staples in my kitchen. From garlic infused olive oil to chili oil, all it takes is 10 minutes to create this elevated ingredient!
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
Garlic and Herb Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 6–8 fresh Thai Chili Peppers, sliced in half
Chili Garlic Oil
- 5 fresh Thai Chili Peppers, sliced in half
- 1 clove garlic, sliced thin
- In a small pot, add 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Add the ingredients appropriate to the flavor combinations you are making
- Turn the heat on low, so that the olive oil may start to simmer. Do not let the olive oil boil
- Let simmer for 10 minutes
- Let cool before bottling, and enjoy!
- When making chili oils, the chilis will start to sizzle inside the oil. Keep an eye on the color of the chilis – they will become darker, but remove them from the heat before they burn.
Keywords: infused olive oil, garlic oil, chili oil, rosemary infused olive oil, herb oil