Welcome to paleo fluffy little sweet potato pillows of heaven! Let me start by saying that before this adventure, I had no idea how to make gnocchi. I did my research by stalking a few Italian chefs for inspiration, and just went for it. The first batch ended with almond flour absolutely covering my counters, sweet potatoes all over my hands, and a happy puppy ready to lick it all up. But luckily, it worked! I wrote up the process to be a little cleaner than the way I did it (you’re welcome), but the recipe itself is easy, messy, and fun – so grab a few friends that don’t mind getting all sweet potato-y, and go!
5 small sweet potatoes
1 large egg
2/3 cup almond flour
1. Start by cooking sweet potatoes, either bake, roast, boil, or microwave! I took the boil approach and boiled them for 20 minutes, until I could poke through with a fork
2. After sweet potatoes have cooled, peel skin off
3. Mash sweet potatoes in a large bowl
4. Add egg + 1/3 cup almond flour, and mix thoroughly
5. Fill a wide bowl with 1/3 cup almond flour
6. Roll sweet potato mash into small balls, and roll in almond flour. Repeat until you’re out of mash!
7. You now have two options for cooking – baking, or pan frying. Fry in olive oil until crispy, or bake at 350˚F for 25 minutes (flip halfway through)!
8. Let cool a little before serving, and enjoy!