I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a total sucker for internet food trends, especially when they’re as easy as this one!
Store-bought jams are so processed + pumped with sugar, that this recipe is almost too good to be true. Two ingredients, 20 minutes – what’s not to love?
2 cups frozen blackberries
Or, your fruit of choice – I’ve used strawberries, blueberries, a mixed berry blend, you name it
3 tbsp chia seeds
1. Put the frozen fruit directly into a saucepan on medium heat
2. Stir/break up frozen berry chunks with a wooden spoon until they have thawed
3. Put a lid on it, and stir every few minutes for about 10-20 minutes. The mixture will thicken as the sugars from the fruit heat up
4. Mash all of the berries up until you’re happy with the consistency
5. Add the chia seeds, and let cool. The chia seeds will take about 4 hours to expand
6. Transfer the jam to a glass jar, and pop it in the fridge!
7. Put it on toast, make art in yogurt bowls, eat it straight with a spoon. It’s your world now