If the name of this is what brought you to this page, then my job here is done. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to my November pride and joy. Honestly, this vanilla bourbon apple pie is the only thing I absolutely need on all of my holiday tables this year. The gluten free crust is perfectly flaky and warm, the perfect mix of salty and sweet (thank you, Bob’s Red Mill!) Meanwhile, the filling is savory with that warm fall apple feeling. You just need it. Recipe below!
The pie that I want to make me famous, because it’s the best combination of flavors that I’ve ever put together!
- 1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1:1 Baking Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup butter, cold
- 3 Tbsp water
- 4–5 apples, sliced
- 2 Tbsp bourbon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350˚F
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together baking flour, salt, and baking powder
- Slowly add greek yogurt and butter, mix thoroughly
- Dough will still be crumbly here, so add 3 Tbsp cold water and mix. Depending on which gluten-free flour you use, you may need a little more water, so add slowly
- You want the dough to be homogeneously doughy (aka, you can slam the dough ball down on a table, and it sticks together)
- Roll dough out between two pieces of parchment paper / cling wrap until it’s about 1/3 inch thick
- Grease a pie pan with 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Gently lay the crust into the pie pan (either 8 or 9 inches), and pinch the edges to make it look all pretty
- Par-bake the crust with some pie weights for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, remove from oven, and set aside
- Start by washing and coring apples
- Slice very thinly, and lie in pie pan skin-side-up
- In a small bowl, mix together bourbon, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and cinnamon
- Once all apples are arranged in the pan, pour the sauce over the top
- Bake at 350˚F for 40 minutes
- Top with whipped cream / vanilla ice cream, and enjoy!
If you make this gluten-free vanilla bourbon apple pie, tag me @whisksandwildflowers on Instagram! To save this recipe for later, either screenshot it, pin it, or print it. If you have any questions, comment down below! Have fun!