You’ve heard about it, you’ve read about it, you’ve ignored it. Well buckle up, kids, because you’re in for a wild ride.
Your mouth is a happy lil home for all the bacteria/toxins in your body, so try not to get offended when I say this: your mouth is disgusting. Cue, oil pulling.
What it is:
“Oil pulling” is the ancient Ayurvedic practice of swishing plant oils around in your mouth for about 20 minutes, and has so many health benefits. When I wake up, the first thing I do is put a spoonful of coconut oil in my mouth, let it melt, and start swishing it like mouthwash. I do it for 20 minutes EVERY MORNING (feels super weird at first, but you get used to it). Spit it out in the trash can (not the sink or you’ll clog the drain lol), and rinse/brush my teeth as normal.
What it do:
– Gets rid of bad breath! (Seriously, I don’t chew gum anymore)
– Teeth whitening/oral hygiene! Coconut oil has antibacterial/antiviral properties that brighten and clean teeth, preventing plaque buildup and removing the bacteria that cause tooth decay
– Mouthwash replacement! Do you have any idea what kind of chemicals are in mouthwash? Seriously. Harvard did some studies about the benefits of oil pulling vs mouthwash, and they were the SAME. Stop putting chemicals in your bod, thanks
– Clears up acne! Because it’s drawing out the toxins/bacteria from your mouth, which happens to be a part of your face, it reduces breakouts!
– Immunity! Oil pulling detoxes your bod by getting rid of oil-soluble toxins in the body, pulling out that nasty bacteria and preventing you from getting sick.
– Others have reported that it helps with toothache, removes heavy metal toxicity, eyes are never dry, skin always feels fresh, and, the best part – you. don’t. get. sick.
GET SWISHING, KIDS. Thank me later