At this point, it is absolutely no secret that I love the holidays. Between holiday parties, holiday treats, and holiday music, this girl’s been ready since September. Among all of the holiday parties that I attend every year, crostinis are always my go-to contribution to the event. There are so many combinations of toppings and flavors, they’re easy to serve, and ready to eat. Prep time is low, and guest appreciation is high – just how we like it! Now, I already know that none of you read this little blip at the top. So let’s just get into this recipe.
If you make this cranberry brie crostini, tag me @whisksandwildflowers on Instagram! To save this recipe for later, either screenshot it, pin it, or print it. If you have any questions, comment down below! Have fun!
A simple yet elevated crostini combination!
- 1 12oz bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 fresh baguette
- 1 small wheel of brie
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Fresh rosemary
Cranberry sauce –
- Rinse fresh cranberries in a colander
- In a large pot, add 1 cup of water and let it boil
- Once water is boiling, add cranberries. Boil until they are done “popping”, about 5 minutes
- After popping sounds stop, lower the heat to a simmer, and mash cranberries with a fork
- Add orange zest and coconut sugar to the pot, and mix thoroughly
- Let that mixture simmer / reduce with the lid off (or at least slightly off, because this is going to get messy) for about 10-15 minutes until it thickens. Stir occasionally
- Let cool before serving
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F, and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper
- Slice the baguette into thin, even slices, and lay them on the baking sheet
- Brush the tops of the bread with either melted butter or olive oil
- Cut your brie into thin slices, and place on top of the bread
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes
- Once brie is melted / bubbly on top of the bread, remove from oven, and set aside
- Top with cranberry sauce, pomegranate seeds, and fresh rosemary sprigs. Enjoy!